Good medical massage can get at the root cause of problems and eliminate the problem completely rather than just making the body feel good for a while. Wendy Elmore is very skilled in advanced therapeutic massage. Wendy's medical massage can help TMJ, headaches, frozen shoulder, whiplash, plus foot, knee, hip, back, neck, shoulder, or arm / hand pain. Her deep relaxation massage helps de-stress the mind and boost the immune system.
Why are both aspects of massage so important? Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. See Wendy's Essay on Stress on the blog page for her very personal example of this. Also see the section More on Wendy's Healing Journey with Massage on the About the Practitioner page for a more personal look at the benefits of therapeutic massage.
General Benefits of Massage
Perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally or externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.